The Solution for Function Design of GPON ONU Equipment
Since many network services are carried out, which functions are required and how should they be designed? Problem-solving
Our equipment is designed with the following functions：
- How the ONU’s business WAN obtains IP
(That is, the Internet access method can be set in the ONU only in Route mode) Yes, PPPOE dial-up Internet access, DHCP Internet access, and static IP address Internet access:
- PPPOE is a popular point that requires an account and password, authenticates with the operator’s PPPOE server, and obtains an IP address to access the Internet after passing;
- In general, DHCP means that no account and password are required. ONU automatically initiates a request to the operator’s DHCP server and can access the Internet only after obtaining an IP address;
- A static IP address is set as an IP address that can be accessed on the operator’s network on the WAN connection of the ONU, and this IP address will not change if it is set;
- ONU’s business WAN connection data transmission methods include Route and Bridge.
The difference between these two methods is:
- In Route mode, the Internet access mode (such as PPPOE, DHCP) is configured on the ONU’s wan connection, and the user’s Internet access data is forwarded to the ONU at Layer 3;
- In Bridge mode, the Internet access mode (such as PPPOE, DHCP) is configured on the user’s PC, and the user’s Internet access data is forwarded to the ONU on the second layer;
- wifi function
The wireless interface can be called WLAN interface or Wireless interface,
- 4G wireless interface supports 13 channels (Chinese channels) and 20MHz and 40MHz bandwidth. When the wifi bandwidth is 20MHz, the connection rate is 144Mbps. When the bandwidth is 40MHz, the connection rate is 300Mbps. The wifi rate frequently consulted by customers generally refers to the connection rate at 20MHz/40MHz, and the maximum can reach 300Mbps. At present, the ONU with wifi developed by the company supports 2.4G, and the maximum can reach 300Mbps
- 8G wireless interface (5G wireless), following the IEEE 802.11ac protocol, some customers also call it AC wireless, providing 80MHz bandwidth and a supporting rate of 866Mbps.
- The router or ONU on the Internet supports high-speed transmission of 1200Mbps, which generally refers to the rate of 2.4G+5.8G, and 300+866 =1166 is approximately 1200Mbps.
- The highest wireless rate is related to the number of antennas supported by the wifi chip. Our current products are 2T2R antennas and two antennas. The four antennas are two 2.4G antennas and two 5.8G antennas. This is the mainstream configuration of dual-band ONU products in China.
- The gain of the antenna includes 3dBi, 5dBi, 7dBi, etc. Our ONU products with external antennas are all 5dBi antennas.
- ONU remote management function
ONU remote management can be divided into local page management and remote management
- Local page management: access the ONU management page on the browser through the local ONU management address (generally, the default is 192.168.1.1), configure ONU wan connection, ONU PPPOE/DHCP/Ip static Internet configuration, VLAN configuration, And wifi configuration.
- There are three remote management methods, namely: management through OLT, managing through the TR069 server, and management through remote access to the ONU management webpage.
Management through OLT: Generally, you can issue commands to ONUs, create wan connections, PPPOE, wifi configurations, etc., through orders or network management systems and OMCI/OAM. This method is a manufacturer’s remote command and generally can only be used to match the ONU of its brand (or the ONU that knows the instruction rules and develops and changes functions).
Management through TR069 server: The front-end needs to build a TR069 server and then manage the ONU through the TR069 protocol. You can configure functions such as wan connection, PPPOE, and wifi. (Management methods currently used by China’s three major operators)
Manage by remotely accessing the ONU management page: In this way, the ONU needs to support and open the HTTP port on the WAN side. The administrator can access the ONU management page by remotely accessing the IP address of the ONU WAN connection to configure the wan connection, PPPOE and wifi, and other functions.