Direct Attach Cable(DAC)
Good quality and good service based on reasonable prices.
- 10G/25G/40G/100G DAC and Breakout DAC.
- Digital diagnostic functions.
- Transmit distance 1-5m,1-10m.
● DAC (Direct Attach Cable) is generally called direct cable, direct copper cable, or high-speed cable. DAC has modules at either end of the Twinax copper cable that allows direct communication between devices over copper wire. Both ends have specific connectors and the cable length is fixed.
● Passive DACs are typically 7m in length or shorter and use less than 0.15W of power. Active DACs use additional power (0.5W to 1.0W) to provide better performance for longer reach applications (up to 15M) and a smaller cable diameter.
● DACs are available for use in standard transceiver form factors, including
● DACs can also be configured to support 4x10G and 4x25G applications. These configurations allow a 100G or 40G switch port to connect to four 10G or 25G ports. The QSFP switch port must support breakout applications and be configured by the user to support.
The DAC cable simply provides the electrical lanes for each circuit. Breakout cables are also available in passive variants up to 5 meters and active variants up to 10 meters.
● DAC Cable can be widely used in data center interconnection, such as SATA storage devices, RADI systems, core routers, core switches, servers for 10G/40G/100G Ethernet, and InfiniBand.
● Generally speaking, this direct attach copper cable provides a cost-effective and high-performance solution for the following situations:
●Top of Rack(TOR)/Adjacent Rack – Either passive or active DAC cable is perfect for shorter TOR or rack-to-rack operations with cost-effective budgets.
●Middle of Row – DAC cables may be a better solution in this application, as long as the transmission distance is less than 15m.
●End of Row – DAC cables are ideal for the end of row architectures as long as the distance is within the 15 meters limit.
● DAC cables can be classified into two types: passive DAC cables and active DAC cables.
●Passive DAC cables have no electrical components built into the cable assembly. Hence, it has a minimal power consumption of no more than 0.15w and generally for short reach up to 7m.
●Active DAC cables have signal amplification and equalization built into the cable assembly. Therefore, it allows a little longer transmission distance up to 15m and ensures better transmission quality. At the same time, it has a higher price and consumes more power around 0.5-1w.
|Reach||Cable Type||Power Consumption||Weight||Bend Radius||Application||Price|
|Passive DAC Cable||＜7m||Twinax Copper||＜0.15w||Heavy||24AWG-38mm 26AWG-33mm 28AWG-25mm 30AWG-23mm||TOR Middle of Row End of Row Zone-to-zon||Lower|
|Active DAC Cable||7-15m||Twinax Copper||0.15-1w||Heavy||Low|
●Nowadays, DAC cable is very popular with the following advantages:
●Less Power Consumption – Compared to optical transceiver modules, DAC cables, especially passive copper cables consume less power.
●Lower Price – DAC cables are less costly for they do not need patch panels or additional cables when connected to devices as optical transceiver modules.
●Simpler Deployment – DAC cable has only one component to be interconnected. However, the optical transceiver has to be connected with more devices, which must be matched with each other. Besides, it is convenient for installers to conserve DAC cables, they don’t need to clean and inspect optical fiber before plugging cables.
Contact us for a price
Speak To Direct Attach Cable(DAC) Specialist
Customize Your DAC
Confirm The Type
First confirm key information including transmission rate, encapsulation type, connector types, cable type and length, reach length...
Recommed Price and Seveice
After confirming all the details, our sales experts will recommend the right fiber optic transceivers that suit your needs, along with a quote and service.
Email us, Call us, Meeting online with us!
Tell us about your purchasing plans!
We specializing in designing, manufacturing communications infrastructure & equipment and providing customized services for our customers！
Give Us A Call：+86 15715730101