Ethernet Coupler/RJ45 Coupler
Good quality and good service based on reasonable prices.
Included UTP CAT5E,CAT6,CAT6A,FTP CAT5E,CAT6,CAT6A Ethernet Coupler/RJ45 Coupler, Suitable for all RJ45 interface devices, suitable for industrial/data center/office/building/ship/aerospace/home and other networks
UTP CAT5E Inline Coupler
UTP CAT6 Inline Coupler
UTP CAT6A Inline Coupler
FTP CAT5E Inline Coupler
FTP CAT6 Inline Coupler
FTP CAT6A Inline Coupler
Contact us for a price
Speak To Ethernet Coupler/RJ45 Coupler Specialist
What is ethernet coupler or RJ45 coupler?
An Ethernet coupler, also known as an RJ45 coupler, is a small device used to connect two Ethernet cables. It’s specifically designed for use with cables terminated with RJ45 connectors, which are standard for network cabling in Ethernet networks.
Here are some key points about Ethernet couplers:
- Purpose: The primary function of an Ethernet coupler is to extend the length of Ethernet cables. When you have two shorter cables and need a longer cable to reach between devices, an Ethernet coupler can join them together without the need for re-cabling.
- Design: It typically has two female RJ45 ports into which the male RJ45 connectors of Ethernet cables can be plugged. The design ensures a secure connection and maintains the integrity of the data transmission.
- Compatibility: Ethernet couplers are compatible with various categories of Ethernet cables, like Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, and Cat7, but it’s important to match the coupler with the category of cable being used for optimal performance.
- Performance: A good quality Ethernet coupler should not significantly degrade the signal quality of the connection. However, the total length of the Ethernet cables being used should not exceed the maximum recommended length for the specific type of cable (usually 100 meters for Cat5e and Cat6) to avoid signal loss or degradation.
- Use Cases: They are commonly used in home networks, office settings, and other places where Ethernet cabling is used. They are particularly useful in situations where a cable run is just slightly too short, and adding a full new cable would be impractical or too costly.
- Plug-and-Play: Ethernet couplers are typically plug-and-play devices, meaning they don’t require any additional setup or power source. You simply plug the cables in, and the connection is established.
Ethernet couplers are a simple yet effective solution for extending the reach of your network without compromising on signal quality, as long as the total cable length remains within the recommended limits.
What are the different types of ethernet coupler/RJ45 coupler?
Ethernet Coupler or RJ45 couplers come in different types, each designed for specific uses or to meet different networking requirements.
- Inline RJ45 Coupler:
- Description: An inline RJ45 coupler is a small device used to connect two RJ45 (Ethernet) cables together. It essentially extends the length of an Ethernet cable by joining two cables.
- Application: Inline couplers are widely used in both home and office settings where additional cable length is needed. They are practical for situations where running a longer cable is not feasible or where temporary network setups are required. However, it’s essential to note that extending cable lengths excessively can lead to signal degradation.
- Keystone RJ45 Coupler:
- Description: Keystone RJ45 couplers fit into a standard keystone wall plate or patch panel. They have a modular design that snaps into place in these panels or plates.
- Application: Keystone couplers are typically used in structured cabling systems, particularly in office buildings or data centers. They offer a neat and organized way to manage Ethernet connections in wall plates or patch panels, making them ideal for permanent network installations. They also facilitate easy changes or reconfigurations in network setups.
- Weatherproof RJ45 Coupler:
- Description: Weatherproof RJ45 couplers are designed to withstand harsh environmental conditions. They are built with materials that resist moisture, dust, and temperature extremes.
- Application: These couplers are used in outdoor or industrial settings where Ethernet connections are exposed to the elements. They are essential for outdoor Wi-Fi setups, surveillance camera systems, or any network infrastructure that requires outdoor cabling. Their robust construction ensures that the network remains operational despite adverse weather conditions.
When comparing shielded and unshielded couplers, the key distinction lies in their design and effectiveness in protecting against electromagnetic interference (EMI). Here’s a breakdown of their differences:
- Shielded Coupler:
- Construction: Shielded couplers are equipped with a metallic shielding layer often made of copper or aluminum. This shield encloses the entire coupler, offering additional protection.
- Purpose: The primary function of the shield is to guard against EMI and radio frequency interference (RFI). This is particularly important in environments with a high risk of such interference, such as industrial areas or locations with a lot of electronic equipment.
- Advantages: Shielded couplers provide better protection for signal integrity, reducing the risk of data loss or corruption due to interference. They are essential for high-speed networks where maintaining signal quality is critical.
- Appearance and Build: They often have a more robust build and may include visible metal parts or a heavier construction.
- Unshielded Coupler:
- Construction: Unshielded couplers lack the extra metallic shielding. They rely on the insulation and the twisted pair design of the cables for basic interference protection.
- Purpose: These couplers are sufficient for environments with minimal electromagnetic interference, such as residential homes or small offices.
- Advantages: Unshielded couplers are typically more cost-effective, lighter, and easier to handle and install compared to shielded ones. They are suitable for many everyday applications where EMI is not a significant concern.
- Appearance and Build: They usually appear simpler, often with a plastic body, and are lighter than shielded couplers.
Email us, Call us, Meeting online with us!
Tell us about your purchasing plans!
We specializing in designing, manufacturing communications infrastructure & equipment and providing customized services for our customers！
Give Us A Call：+86 15715730101